Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Quotes from the Lesser-Known: Part 16



'Give a brief description of yourself.' 
'I'm Sheri. I'm a graphic designer, Stacy's sister & an avid believer in originality.' 
'Team Peeta or Team Gale?' 
'Team Gale! But it's never going to happen. I don't mind Peetniss though. Even if it sounds quite like a southern male apparatus.' (The fandom changed it to Peenis soon after, by the way)
'What inspired you to pursue art in school?' 
'I just have a passion for it... I feel the need to communicate through the medium. I don't take my passion for it lightly. I'm very, very lucky to have my passion aligned with what I study.' 
'What do you think of the art scene in Singapore?' 
'Bad. So. Ridiculously bad. We aren't trying hard enough. We have the talent. We don't have the opportunities, or the determination to push ourselves to go overseas. We are complacent & comfortable here, & we will die if we don't change. Art is a central point of my life & I think people who have this gift need to make it the centre of their lives too.'

Sheri T, 18
Graphic design student, curiously aloof 

No comments: